- Metal rod
- Wood stud
- Screw driver
- Wood glue
- 3X 2-litre bottle
- Measuring tape
- Sand paper
2. Make a hole in the bottles. Push the metal rod through the bottles and then place the rod and wood stud in the appropriate slots and screw into place.
3. Add glue to the sides of the bottom piece and then squeeze between the side panels.
4. Screw the side panels to the bottom piece and remove excess glue from the side. Let the glue dry for a day before you use the toy.
By Eveline Poot.
- 2-litter bottle
- dog kibble
Step 1- At the base of the 2-liter bottle and cut 2 small holes directly across from each other with a box cutter. The holes should be big enough to fit a long string through. Go ahead and put string through the holes after making the cuts (holes don't have to be perfect, the string just needs to be strung through the holes so that it can hang) Be sure you know where you will hang the toy so that the string is long enough (a doorknob is a great height). You can forgo this step and not hang the bottle, your dog will still play with the bottle on the floor with the cap on. Just supervise the playtime so that your dog doesn't try to eat the plastic bottle!
Step 2- With box cutter, cut 3 or 4 holes at the mouth of the bottle big enough to let kibble pass through easily or simply take the cap of the bottle off instead of making holes ( this will make it easier for kibble to fall out which will make the game easier at first... You can make the game harder over time by replacing the cap and cutting the holes).
Step 3- Fill the bottle with kibble or treats.
Step 4- Grab a few sheets of printer paper, crumple, then pass through the mouth of the bottle. Paper will act as a block so that all the kibble doesn't just pour onto the floor the second you turn the bottle upside down. You should play with the ratio of paper because the amount of paper will determine how many treats fall out during the game.
By Kym & Dustin
Hanging Bottle Frenzy
- Milk jug or carton
- Egg carton
- 2X Elastics
- Dog food / treats
- Plastic bottle
- 6' to 10' of rope
1. Burn off the end of the rope in order to avoid chafing. Push the rope through the elastic; this is for step number 4.
2. Make holes in the bottles and milk carton (jug). Fill the bottles with food and pass the rope through the holes.
3. Place food in the egg carton and place the carton on the rope and close the carton.
4. Place the elastics on the egg carton between the cracks.
5. Tie the rope to something very solid and present the toy to the dog.
By Gaby Dufresne-Cyr
Hanging Bottle Frenzy
Raw Food Brain Games
- 1 Flat plastic tray or container (Rubbermaid bins)
- 5-10 plastic cookie cutters (enough cutters to tightly fill in container)
- Raw food
2. Compact raw food into the cookie cutters.
3. Give to your dog.
For an increased level of difficulty, or to cool off your dog in the summer, freeze the tray with the meat inside the cookie cutter. The following images are variations of this Brain Game.
By Kitty Attema